ActiveAdult News & Events
Welcome to the ActiveAdult E-Lert Page. Please see below for activities for both the East Side Milwaukie and Clackamas Clubs. Make new friends and have twice as much fun as you attend activities for both clubs!
CLACKAMAS NEWS & EVENTS
December 3rd - Monday- 1:30-2:30pm - Beach Ball Volley
This fun, non-competitive chair 'volleyball', only with a beach ball, and it's a fun cardio workout.
December 5th - Oregon Food Bank Project ENDS
An awesome way to help those less fortunate than ourselves.
December 8th - Saturday - 2 pm - Stumptown Stage Present: A Christmas Carol - The Musical
Enjoy the new life brought into this classic tale... A wonderful start to the holiday season! Cost: $31.25 (Limited tickets available)
December 14th - Friday - 1:45 pm – Holiday Potluck
Bring your favorite dish to bring to share with your friends.
December 17th - Monday - 1:30-2:30pm – BINGO
Play as many cards as you like….maybe win a prize or two!
Cost: Fifteen cents per triple card, per game.
2019 calendar of activities & events
December 13th – Bowling and Pizza Social
Sign-up sheets for events are available at the Service Desk
MILWAUKIE NEWS & EVENTS
Any Questions, please contact Becky at 503-659-3845
Please sign up at the front desk if you plan to attend the lecture or lunch
Milwaukie Club 503.659.3845 Clackamas Club 503.659.3846.
Do you attend ActiveAdult Strength, SilverSneakers and/or Silver&Fit Classes?
Here are just 5 important benefits from (and reasons that you should participate in) strength training:
1. Improve functional strength & flexibility - for your daily activities, and making you less vulnerable to falls or other injuries.
2. Increase bone mass and density - help protect against osteoporosis.
3. Build muscle strength - adults lose between 5-7 pounds of muscle every decade after age 20!
4. Lower body fat - research in strength training has demonstrated a 4-lb. fat loss after 3 months of training
5. Reduce resting blood pressure.
For more information, click HERE or talk to your instructors Barb or Becky
We look forward to seeing YOU in class! :)